Hearing Aid Repairs Brighton
Like all electronics, both age and constant use can take their toll on hearing aids. While it is a rare enough occasion in most cases, sometimes they will fail. However, before you go to the trouble of bringing your aid in for repair there are some common issues you can check for first.
Hearing Aid Repair Checklist
Depending on the issue you’re having, you may be able to troubleshoot your hearing aid on your own. Here are a few common hearing aid fixes you can try at home:
- Replace the battery
- Remove and reinsert your hearing aid
- Clean your hearing aid
- Replace the wax filter
- Open and close the battery compartment
If you are still having trouble with your hearing aid after going through the checklist call us at 07808 522 652 to schedule an appointment and discuss further hearing aid repair options.
Contact Us Now
How Much Do Hearing Aid Repairs Cost?
Hearing aid repair costs can vary depending on a couple of different factors:
(1) Whether or not the hearing aid is still under warranty,
(2) The extent of damage to the hearing aid.
(3) The cost of replacement parts for your hearing aid.
If you purchased your hearing aid from Brighton Hearing Care and it is still under warranty, your hearing aid repair costs will probably be free. That does depend on the circumstance and type of damage. Out of warranty or older hearing aids that require substantial repair may cost more. Cracked cases on custom moulded devices can be expensive to replace, but in some circumstances, these cracks can be repaired.
When is Your Hearing Aid Beyond Repair?
It depends on the damage that it has taken, an older hearing aid that has failed may well be a complete loss. In cases like this, it’s usually better financially and for peace of mind to replace the hearing aid with a new model. While it takes an expert to properly diagnose a damaged hearing aid, you can begin to assume your hearing aid is beyond repair if:
- Your hearing aid is older than six years
- Hearing aids have a life expectancy of between six and eight years. If your hearing aid is older than that and is experiencing problems, it is time to retire your technology.
- The damage is visible—and looks extensive
- If your hearing aid has been stepped on, smashed, or damaged in a way that seems unfixable, it probably is.
- Your hearing aid has needed to be repaired several times in the past
We can repair or at the least diagnose the problem with all makes and models of hearing aids. If you are having trouble with your hearing aids, we’d be more than happy to help you get your devices back in working order. Call us at 07808 522 652 to schedule an appointment and find out what options are available to fix your broken hearing aid.
Looking For The Latest Rechargeable Hearing Aids From The Big Hearing Aid Brands?
Book Your Appointment Online Now or Call us on 07808 522 652
Contact Us Now
We are located in the heart of Brighton BN1 area
Contact us for more information today. Call us at 07808 522 652